NRC Club Prerequisites:
- New club members must demonstrate their rowing and shell handling abilities to a coach or have taken a rowing class through the Noank Rowing Club (NRC) within the past 12 months.
- New club members wishing to use club shells must review boat storage and equipment usage with a coach before going out on the water.
- All club members must be able to swim. If you are not able to swim, please speak directly to one of the coaches.
- All club members must have a signed (Liability Release Form) on file with NRC prior to going on the water. This form is renewed annually.
- All club shells will be identified with NRC logo. All other shells are not owned by NRC.
- All club oars are painted red or red & blue. Colored tape identifies sets of sculling blades. Blades without red, or red & blue paint are not owned by NRC.
- Inspect your equipment before launching. Check for any hull damage, making sure the seat and oarlocks move freely. If the equipment does not check out, or is possibly damaged, tag it with a description of the concern taped to the equipment, set it aside, note it in the NRC log and notify a coach. (eg. seat track sticking)
- Report any safety hazard on the club message board (e.g. log floating near marshes area in Beebe Cove).
- When going out on the water, close boathouse, bathroom and dock doors. When leaving the property, ensure all doors (dock, boathouse & bathroom) are locked.
- We follow US Coast Guard safety requirements and boating regulations. PFD’s must be in a following launch or in the shell while on the water between October 31 – May 31.
- Use the buddy system whenever possible, especially when rowing out of Beebe Cove. Fellow NRC member’s contact information is available on the Members page of this website.
- Rinse off the shell, rigger assemblies and oars after each use. Salt builds up very quickly, causing corrosion and wear!
- Stuff Happens! If a shell or piece of equipment is damaged, tag the equipment with a description, set it aside, and notify a coach so the concern can be corrected.
- The boathouse and the dock combination is not to be shared with non-members. The bathroom (located in the lower level of the administration building) key is available in the boathouse. Please ensure the bathroom door is in locked position after opening it, and return the key to where you found it.
- Club equipment is available to members in good standing.
- Should the grounds be reserved for other events, these dates will be posted in the boathouse.
- Use caution and common sense. Be aware of the weather and other activity on the water at all times.
- Tagged equipment shall not be used until repaired and tags are removed.
- Use of the Noank Rowing Club equipment is limited to those individuals who are registered members, unless otherwise indicated.